Can we talk about these full on window installations at Barneys New York? The artist behind the installations is Brooklyn dweller & block printer, Dennis McNett. Over-sized wolf, owl, and skull masks adorn the mannequins highlighting themes from nature, folklore, mythology, and storytelling mixed with McNett’s graphic woodcut blocks, prints, masks, and paper mache sculptures.
I gotta say, I didn’t know Barneys had it in them to go this innovative.
Head on over to see the display which will run from June 23 through July 12. The window installation covers over 50 feet of windows on Madison and one small window on 61st. Professionally lit, it is best viewed at night.
17 Notes/ Hide
- oujosamas reblogged this from museumnerd
- 16feetunder likes this
- thisbelongsinamuseum likes this
- aliceglass likes this
- bitterandblind reblogged this from hahamagartconnect
- mmmccc likes this
- bespangled reblogged this from outsiderart
- dellarana likes this
- vanbean likes this
- terryhays likes this
- natalieejean reblogged this from museumnerd
- museumnerd reblogged this from hahamagartconnect
- cathartesaura reblogged this from artuga
- artuga reblogged this from outsiderart
- artuga likes this
- outsiderart reblogged this from hahamagartconnect
- hydeordie likes this
- hahamagartconnect posted this